Sunday, December 16, 2007

Santa Rosa: Sur La Table

When I heard that our local upscale shopping center Montgomery Village was building a Sur la Table a few years back, I was very excited. I did not know at the time, however, just how excited I should be.





It turns out that our store is one of only 6 stores in the entire state of California that has a culinary program. You can find out more here: (http://www.surlatable.com/category/culinary.do).





I recently had the pleasure of taking a class with Chef Mary Bergin that taught us how to prepare a complete Prime Rib Dinner.





What a treat! The class was fully hands-on as we were supervised and guided by the world famous chef from Spago.





After learning all about technique and timing, we were able to enjoy our feast. I cannot wait to recreate the meal for my family on Christmas Eve. I also cannot wait to take another class. Yet another reason we are so lucky to live in Sonoma County! Here is a map so you can find your way.




You can learn more about us at http://www.thetwoyoucantrust.com/

No comments: